Saturday, August 2, 2008

Capture the Heart of the Moments: Photography and Videography

We are now officially 8 days away from our Wedding!
I have always been taking photographs, though not of wedding events. But it is hard and weird when I am not able to capture the scenes and angles that I want, since this time round, I will be the subject! Nevertheless, there are skilled photographers and videographer who had offered to help us. I hereby express our greatest thanks to our friends who will be helping us with the photo/videography our wedding solemnization day on the 8th of August 2008.
I would humbly request them to help me capture the moments of the event, and in particular the taking of the vows and ring exchange. Please review the storyboard below for the important scenes that I hope to capture. This little challenging task will prove too easy for my skilled friends.

Main Photographer: Benny
Secondary Photographer: Laurens
Videographer: Bernard

STORYBOARD

As the solemnizer speaks, Benny and Bernard shall focus on the shots of the couple from the front with the solemnizer in view.
Laurens shall be at the sides capturing random facial expressions of both groom and bride.

Taking of the Vows and Ring Exchange
The vow will consist 5 sentences. There will be short pauses during sentences to allow ample time for videography.
Benny to focus on the groom when he recites his vows and later close up on the putting on of the ring on the bride's finger.
Laurens shall be responsible for capturing the expressions on the bride saying "I do".
Bernard shall move around and attempt to capture all these scenes in sequence, essentially to start filming from groom when he recites his vows, when he asks "Do you accept this ring and be my lawfully wedded wife/husband?", turn to capture the expression on the bride's face. Then Bernard can close up on the hands when the groom puts on her ring.
NOTE: There will be ample time as we will attempt to do it slowly and taking short pauses for photos.

Benny to focus on the bride when she recites her vows and later close up on the putting on of the ring on the groom's finger.
Laurens shall be responsible for capturing the expressions on the groom saying "I do".
Bernard should be standing next to Laurens, on the groom side and capturing the bride reciting her vows. Bernard shall continue to capture the bride's expression while the groom says "I do". He shall then capture the bride with expression as she slips on the ring on the groom's finger.


If the solemnizer says, "you may kiss the bride" or even when she doesn't,
Benny and Bernard shall focus on the shots of the couple from the front with the solemnizer in view.
Laurens shall be at the either side capturing the wider view.

Thank you guys!
Feel free to give us a buzz should you need anymore clarification.
Otherwise, see you on the 8th of August 2008!
We will advise on the time for our 'media' team.

2 comments:

Laurens said...

I'll do my very best for probro *thumbs up*

bway hiao pai...u aint wentworth...lol

WILLIAM TAN said...

at least I didnt get your Edison!